At Brooke House College Summer School we are committed to protecting children from harm and safeguarding their rights. In this context, we follow a rigorous selection process to deter and reject unsuitable people and encourage individuals with the right attitudes and behaviour to work at Brooke House College.
Applicants are selected based on skills and person skills required. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, sex or disability. All candidates go through a similar recruitment process to ensure fairness. The recruitment process is conducted and overseen by the Summer School Director, who has been trained in Safer Recruitment.
If you are offered a job with us you will be required to undergo the following Safer Recruitment checks before you start working with us.
These checks apply for all positions, be they permanent, temporary, or casual work.
All applicants are advised that providing false information on your application or in relation to any of the checks outlined in the application form may result in your application being rejected or in your summary dismissal if you have been appointed.
Academic Administrator & GESE Cover Teacher
British Culture Teacher
Residential Activity Leader
Senior Activity Leader
- Invites to Interview Sent - Saturday 25th & Sunday 26th January 2020
- Interviews - Monday 27th January to Thursday 30th January 2020
- Decisions & Conditional Offers of Employment - Sent by Thursday 6th February
Submitting an Application
Applicants should download, complete and return the following application form. Return details are included on the application form.
Summer School Application Form
* If applying for a combination of teaching roles, please submit one application form & ensure the combination of roles applied for is clearly stated for the questions, 'Post Applied For'.
Notes for Returning Applicants
Your application will be subject to the following considerations:
- The strength of your application, as it compares with those from new applicants and other returners.
- The way in which you conducted yourself, as noted by us, during last year’s recruitment.
- Feedback given during your 2019 staff review and appraisal.
- Any additional feedback, formal or informal, that we may have received about you during the course of your employment last year from your Manager, colleagues, students or any other stakeholders connected with the Summer School.