Student Council Magazines
The Student Council is
a representative structure through which the students can become involved in
the affairs of the College, working in partnership with college leadership,
staff and teachers for the benefits of the College and its students.
The Role of the Student Council
- The main role of a Student Council is to promote the
interests of the College, the involvement of students and will set its own
objectives, which will vary.
- To enhance communication between students, management,
staff and teachers.
- To promote friendship and respect amongst students.
- To promote a positive and healthy environment in the
- Involved in the planning and organisation of College
activities and events (Sporting events, Halloween, Christmas, International Day
Disco, Student awards ceremonies, Summer Ball, assisting with or organising
fund-raising events for Charity etc.)
The Student Council will identify activities
that it would like to be involved in organisation, although the final decision
on the activities of Student Council should be agreed with College Management.
The Structure of the Student Council
- Organise regular meeting with the Student Council
- Coordinate the Student Council
- Represent students in higher structure
Vice - President
- Is the right hand of the President and to support
the work of the President
- To take over the responsibilities of the President
when he/she is not available
- Dealing with the bureaucracy of the Council
- Write minutes
- Convene students meetings
- To update the notice-boards
There will be a Student
Council notice board displaying photographs of every council member, a comments
box, meeting’s agenda and the previous meeting’s minutes.